Would you like to learn more?
Don't hesitate to contact us and learn more information about what we do
1. Christofi M, Mauromoustakos A, Mourtzinos I, Lazaridou A, Drogoudi P, Theodoulidis S, Biliaderis CG, Manganaris GA. The effect of genotype and storage on compositional, sensorial and textural attributes of canned fruit from commercially important non-melting peach cultivars. Journal of Food Composition & Analysis 2021, 103:104080.
2. Hadjipieri M, Georgiadou EC, Drogoudi P, Fotopoulos V, Manganaris GA. The efficacy of preharvest foliar spray applications on yield efficiency, incidence of physiological disorders and shelf-life performance of loquat fruit. Scientia Horticulturae 2021, 289:110439.
3. Christofi M, Mourtzinos I, Lazaridou A, Drogoudi P, Tsitlakidou P, Biliaderis CG, Manganaris GA. Elaboration of novel and comprehensive protocols towards determination of textural properties and other sensorial attributes of canning peach fruit. Journal of Texture Studies 2021, 52, 228–239.
4. Meléndez-Martínez AJ, Mandić AI, Bantis F, Böhm V, Borge GIA, Brnčić M, Bysted A, Cano MP, Graça Dias M, Elgersma A, Fikselová M, García-Alonso J, Giuffrida D, Gonçalves VSS, Hornero-Méndez D, Kljak K, Lavelli V, Manganaris GA, Mapelli-Brahm P, Marounek M, Olmedilla-Alonso B, Periago-Castón MJ, Pintea A, Sheehan JJ, Tumbas Šaponjac V, Valšíková-Frey M, Van Meulebroek L, O’Brien N. A comprehensive review on carotenoids in foods and feeds: status quo, applications, patents and research needs. Critical Reviews in Food Science & Nutrition 2021, doi.org/10.1080/10408398.2020.1867959
5. Hadjipieri M, Georgiadou E, Costa F, Fotopoulos V, Manganaris GA. Dissection of the incidence and severity of purple spot physiological disorder in loquat fruit through a physiological and molecular approach. Plant Physiology & Biochemistry 2020, 155, 980-986.
6. Francini A, Pintado MM, Manganaris GA, Ferrante A. Editorial: Bioactive compounds biosynthesis and metabolism in fruit and vegetables. Frontiers in Plant Science 2020, 11:129.
7. Brizzolara S, Manganaris GA, Fotopoulos V, Watkins C, Tonutti P. Primary metabolism in fresh fruits during storage. Frontiers in Plant Science 2020, 11:80.
8. Hadjipieri M, Christofi M, Goulas V, Manganaris GA. The impact of harvesting day on mechanical properties, qualitative attributes and postharvest performance of two loquat cultivars. Scientia Horticulturae 2020, 261:108891.
9. Georgiadou E, Koubouris G, Goulas V, Sergendani C, Nikoloudakis N, Manganaris GA, Kalaitzis P, Fotopoulos, V. Genotype-dependent regulation of vitamin E biosynthesis in olive fruits as revealed through metabolic and transcriptional profiles. Plant Biology 2019, 21, 604-614.
10. Constantinou S, Gómez-Caravaca AM, Goulas V, Segura-Carretero A, Koundouras S, Manganaris GA. Leaf removal at veraison stage differentially affects qualitative attributes and bioactive composition of fresh and dehydrated grapes of two indigenous cultivars of Cyprus. Journal of the Science of Food & Agriculture 2019, 99, 1342-1350.
11. Fernández i Marti A, Saski CA, Manganaris GA, Gasic K, Crisosto CH. Genomic sequencing of Japanese plum (Prunus salicina Lindl.) mutants provides a new model for Rosaceae fruit ripening studies. Frontiers in Plant Science 2018, 9:21.
12. Manganaris GA, Goulas V, Mellidou I, Drogoudi P. Antioxidant phytochemicals in fresh produce: exploitation of genotype variation and advancements in analytical protocols. Frontiers in Chemistry 2018, 5:95.
13. Constantinou S, Gómez-Caravaca AM, Goulas V, Segura-Carretero A, Koundouras S, Manganaris GA. The impact of postharvest dehydration methods on qualitative attributes and chemical composition of ‘Xynisteri’ grape (Vitis vinifera) must. Postharvest Biology & Technology 2018, 135, 114-122.
14. Manganaris GA, Drogoudi P, Goulas V, Tanou G, Georgiadou EC, Pantelidis GE, Paschalidis KA, Fotopoulos V, Manganaris A. Deciphering the interplay among genotype, maturity stage and low-temperature storage on phytochemical composition and transcript levels of enzymatic antioxidants on Prunus persica fruit. Plant Physiology & Biochemistry 2017, 119, 189-199.
15. Constantinou S, Gómez-Caravaca AM, Goulas V, Segura-Carretero A, Manganaris GA. Metabolic fingerprinting of must obtained from sun-dried grapes of two indigenous Cypriot cultivars destined for the production of 'Commandaria'; a protected designation of origin product. Food Research International 2017, 100, 469-476.
16. Hadjipieri M, Georgiadou EC, Marin A, Diaz-Mula HM, Goulas V, Fotopoulos V, Tomás-Barberán FA, Manganaris GA. Metabolic and transcriptional elucidation of the carotenoid biosynthesis pathway In peel and flesh tissue of loquat fruit during on-tree development. BMC Plant Biology 2017, 17:102.
17. Georgiadou E, Goulas V, Ntourou T, Manganaris GA, Kalaitzis P, Fotopoulos V. Regulation of on-tree vitamin E biosynthesis in olive fruit during successive growing years: the impact of fruit development and environmental cues. Frontiers in Plant Science 2016, 7:1656.
18. Drogoudi P, Pantelidis GE, Goulas V, Manganaris GA, Ziogas V, Manganaris A.The appraisal of qualitative parameters and antioxidant contents during postharvest peach fruit ripening underlines the genotype significance. Postharvest Biology & Technology 2016, 115, 142-150.
19. Georgiadou EC, Ntourou T, Goulas V, Manganaris GA, Kalaitzis P, Fotopoulos V. High resolution temporal analysis reveals a key role for VTE5 in vitamin E biosynthesis in olive fruit during on-tree development. Frontiers in Plant Science 2015, 6:871.
20. Goulas V, Minas IS, Kourdoulas PM, Lazaridou A, Molassiotis AN, Gerothanasis I, Manganaris GA. 1H NMR metabolic fingerprinting to probe temporal postharvest changes on qualitative attributes and phytochemical profile of sweet cherry fruit. Frontiers in Plant Science 2015, 6:959.
21. Fotopoulos V, Christou A, Antoniou C, Manganaris GA. Hydrogen sulphide: a versatile tool for the regulation of growth and defence responses in horticultural crops. Journal of Horticultural Science & Biotechnology 2015, 90, 227-234.
22. Minas IS, Vicente AR, Dhanapal AP, Manganaris GA, Goulas V, Vasilakakis M, Crisosto CH, Molassiotis A. Ozone-induced kiwifruit ripening delay is mediated by ethylene biosynthesis inhibition and cell wall dismantling regulation. Plant Science 2014, 229, 76-85.
23. Christou A, Manganaris GA, Fotopoulos V. Systemic mitigation of salt stress by hydrogen peroxide and sodium nitroprusside in strawberry plants via transcriptional regulation of enzymatic and non-enzymatic antioxidants. Environmental & Experimental Botany 2014, 107, 46-54.
24. Christou A, Filippou P, Manganaris GA, Fotopoulos V. Sodium hydrosulfide induces systemic thermotolerance to strawberry plants through transcriptional regulation of heat shock proteins and aquaporin. BMC Plant Biology 2014, 14:42.
25. Goulas V, Minas IS, Kourdoulas PM, Vicente AR, Manganaris GA. Phytochemical content, antioxidants and cell wall metabolism of two loquat (Eriobotrya japonica) cultivars under different storage regimes. Food Chemistry 2014, 155, 227-234.
26. Goulas V, Kourdoulas P, Makris F, Theodorou M, Fellman JK, Manganaris GA. Comparative polyphenolic antioxidant profile and quality of traditional apple cultivars as affected by cold storage. International Journal of Food Science & Technology 2014, 49, 2037-2044.
27. Christou A, Georgiadou E, Filippou P, Manganaris GA, Fotopoulos V. Establishment of a rapid, inexpensive protocol for extraction of high quality RNA from small amounts of strawberry plant tissues and other recalcitrant fruit crops. Gene 2014, 537, 169-173.
28. Manganaris GA, Goulas V, Vicente AR, Terry LA. Berry antioxidants: small fruits providing large benefits. Journal of the Science of Food & Agriculture 2014, 94, 825-833.
29. Vicente AR, Manganaris GA, Minas IS, Goulas V, Lafuente MT. Cell wall modifications and ethylene-induced tolerance to non-chilling peel pitting in citrus fruit. Plant Science 2013, 210, 46-52.
30. Christou A, Manganaris GA, Papadopoulos I, Fotopoulos V. Hydrogen sulphide induces systemic tolerance to salinity and non-ionic osmotic stress in strawberry plants through modification of reactive species biosynthesis and transcriptional regulation of multiple defence pathways. Journal of Experimental Botany 2013, 64, 1953-1966.
31. Galanakis CM, Goulas V, Tsakona S, Manganaris GA, Gekas V. A knowledge base for the recovery of natural phenols with different solvents. International Journal of Food Properties 2013, 16, 382-396.
32. Minas IS, Tanou G, Belghazi M, Job D, Manganaris GA, Molassiotis A, Vasilakakis M. Physiological and proteomic approaches to address the active role of ozone in kiwifruit post-harvest ripening. Journal of Experimental Botany 2012, 63, 2449-2464.
33. Cantín CM, Minas IS, Goulas V, Jiménez M, Manganaris GA, Michailides TJ, Crisosto CH. Sulfur dioxide fumigation alone or in combination with CO2-enriched atmosphere extends the market life of highbush blueberry fruit. Postharvest Biology & Technology 2012, 67, 84-91.
34. Goulas V, Manganaris GA. Towards an efficient protocol for the determination of triterpenic acids in olive fruit: a comparative study of drying and extraction methods. Phytochemical Analysis 2012, 23, 444-449.
35. Goulas V, Manganaris GA. Exploring the phytochemical content and the antioxidant potential of Citrus fruits grown in Cyprus. Food Chemistry 2012, 131, 39-47.
36. Goulas V, Manganaris GA. The effect of strawberry postharvest ripening on its bioactive composition and antioxidant potential. Journal of the Science of Food & Agriculture 2011, 91, 1907-1914.
37. Falara V, Manganaris GA, Ziliotto F, Manganaris A, Bonghi C, Ramina A, Kanellis AK. A ß-D-xylosidase and a PR-4B precursor identified as genes in accounting for differences in peach cold storage tolerance. Functional & Integrative Genomics 2011, 11, 357-368.
38. Manganaris GA, Rasori A, Bassi D, Geuna F, Ramina A, Tonutti P, Bonghi C. Comparative transcript profiling of apricot (Prunus armeniaca L.) fruit development and on-tree ripening. Tree Genetics & Genomes 2011, 7, 609-616.
39. Minas IS, Karaoglanidis GS, Manganaris GA, Vasilakakis M. Effect of ozone application during cold storage of kiwifruit on the development of stem-end rot caused by Botrytis cinerea Postharvest Biology & Technology 2010, 58, 203-210.
40. Manganaris GA, Vicente, AR, Crisosto, CH, Labavitch JM. Effect of delayed storage and continuous ethylene exposure on flesh reddening of ‘Royal Diamond’ plums. Journal of the Science of Food & Agriculture 2008, 88, 2180-2185.
41. Manganaris GA, Vasilakakis M, Mignani I, Manganaris A. Cell wall physicochemical properties as indicators of peach quality during fruit ripening after cold storage. Food Science & Technology International 2008, 14, 385-391.
42. Begheldo M, Manganaris GΑ, Bonghi C, Tonutti P. Different postharvest conditions modulate ripening and ethylene biosynthetic and signal transduction pathways in stony Hard peaches. Postharvest Biology & Technology 2008, 48, 84-91.
43. Manganaris GA, Vicente AR, Crisosto CH, Labavitch JM. Cell wall modifications in chilling injured plum fruit (Prunus salicina). Postharvest Biology & Technology 2008, 48, 77-83.
44. Manganaris GA, Crisosto CH, Bremer V, Holcroft D. Novel 1-methylcyclopropene immersion formulation extends shelf life of an advanced maturity ‘Joanna Red’ plums (Prunus salicina). Postharvest Biology & Technology 2008, 47, 429-433.
45. Manganaris GA, Vicente AR, Crisosto CH, Labavitch JM. Effect of dips in a 1-methylcyclopropene-generating liquid formulation on ‘Harrow Sun’ plums stored under different temperature regimes. Journal of Agricultural & Food Chemistry 2007, 55, 7015-7020.
46. Manganaris GA, Ilias IF, Vasilakakis M, Mignani I. The effect of hydrocooling on ripening related quality attributes and cell wall physicochemical properties of sweet cherry fruit (Prunus avium L.). International Journal of Refrigeration 2007, 30, 1386-1392.
47. Pantelidis GE, Vasilakakis M, Manganaris GA, Diamantidis G. Antioxidant capacity, phenol, anthocyanin and ascorbic acid content in raspberries, blackberries, red currants, gooseberries and cornelian cherries. Food Chemistry 2007, 102, 777-783.
48. Manganaris GA, Vasilakakis M, Diamantidis G, Mignani I. The effect of postharvest calcium application on tissue calcium concentration, quality attributes, incidence of flesh browning and cell wall physicochemical aspects of peach fruits. Food Chemistry 2007, 100, 1385-1392.
49. Manganaris GA, Vasilakakis M, Diamantidis G, Mignani I. Effect of in-season calcium applications on cell wall physicochemical properties of nectarine fruit (Prunus persica var. nectarina Ait. Maxim) after harvest or cold storage. Journal of the Science of Food & Agriculture 2006, 86, 2597-2602.
50. Manganaris GA, Vasilakakis M, Diamantidis G, Mignani I. Cell wall physicochemical aspects of peach fruit related to internal breakdown symptoms. Postharvest Biology & Technology 2006, 39, 69-74.
51. Manganaris GA, Vasilakakis M, Diamantidis G, Mignani I. Diverse metabolism of cell wall components of melting and non-melting peach genotypes during ripening after harvest or cold storage. Journal of the Science of Food & Agriculture 2006, 86, 243-250.
52. Manganaris GA, Vasilakakis M, Diamantidis G, Mignani I. Changes in cell wall neutral sugar composition and ethylene evolution as potential indicators of woolliness symptoms in cold stored nectarine fruits. Journal of Food Quality 2005, 28, 407-416.
53. Manganaris GA, Vasilakakis M, Diamantidis G, Mignani I, Tzavella-Klonari k. The effect of preharvest calcium sprays on quality attributes, physicochemical aspects of cell wall components and susceptibility to brown rot of peach fruits (Prunus persica L. cv. Andross). Scientia Horticulturae 2005, 107, 43-50.
54. Manganaris GA, Vasilakakis M, Diamantidis G, Mignani I. Effect of postharvest calcium treatments on physicochemical aspects of cell wall pectin in nectarine fruits during their ripening after harvest or cold storage. Journal of Horticultural Science & Biotechnology 2005, 80, 611-617.
55. Manganaris GA, Vasilakakis M, Diamantidis G, Mignani I. Cell wall cation composition and distribution in chilling-injured nectarine fruit. Postharvest Biology & Technology 2005, 37, 72-80.
56. Manganaris GA, Vasilakakis M, Diamantidis G, Mignani I. Effect of calcium additives on physicochemical aspects of cell wall pectin and sensory attributes of canned peach (Prunus persica (L) Batsch cv. Andross). Journal of the Science of Food & Agriculture 2005, 85, 1773-1778.
57. Manganaris GA, Economou AS, Boubourakas IN, Katis NI. Elimination of PPV and PNRSV through thermotherapy and meristem-tip culture in nectarine. Plant Cell Reports 2003, 22, 195-200.